I love shopping and I know I’m not the only one who loves going in to a store and buy new things. However, I know my bank account hates it since everything is so expensive nowadays. That’s why Dollar Tree is my favorite store to buy new things without spending a fortune. I went to the Dollar Tree last weekend and they finally restocked on candle holders. Of course, I grabbed four of them to make this awesome and simple DIY. It only cost me two dollars to make one candle holder! Unbelievable!
What you need:
- Two (2) round glass candle holders – $1.00/each (Dollar Tree)
- Two (2) glass taper candle holders – $1.00/each (Dollar Tree)
- E6000 clear adhesive glue – $3.99 (Michaels
- One (1) bag of “Mix Glacier Gem by Ashland” – $6.99 (Michaels) OPTIONAL
- Put glue on top of the glass taper candle holder.
- Place the round glass candle holder above the glass taper candle holder. Put as close to the center as you can.
- Let the glue cure for 24 hours before you start using the candle holder.
I decided to use gems inside my candle holders since I thought they match with the decor in our apartment. They are so elegant and look so expensive. You can use the candle holders to put candles, make up brushes, etc. Another great idea is to spray paint them to any desired color or create your own mercury candle holders. If you want taller candle holders then you can glue two glass taper candle holders together before you add the round glass candle holder on top.
Let me know what you think about this DIY project and if you want to see more of this! If you tried this DIY, please share pictures with me so I can see your finished project!